Jay was at his friend's house in Las Vegas last week and had the BEST. EGGS. EVER!
Try making them this weekend!!
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoons (or more if needed) Madeira...you can also use Marsala
- 1 dash Garlic Salt
- 1 pinch Parmesan cheese
- Turn on Oven to Broil High
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Don't let it brown.
- Add the Madeira. It should sizzle, but don't let it burn away.
- Crack the egg into the pan, keeping the yolk intact. Salt to taste.
- Grab a large pinch of shredded Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top of the whole egg. Lower the temperature of the pan if the egg is bubbling and cooking too fast.
- Spoon the butter and wine mixture over the top of the egg.
- Once the egg whites have cooked put the pan in the oven for a maximum of 3 minutes ONLY to slightly brown and melt the cheese.